To take sunset photos there are a few tips I found on the internet. The first tip is to experiment; don’t just stay in one spot while taking photos, move around the location (Eldon & Holtzer, 2020). They also suggested arriving early or going before the shoot to determine the best angles to take photos at because sunsets don’t last very long (Eldon & Holtzer, 2020). However, the key to taking high-quality sunset photos is using a low ISO setting. This is because a low ISO setting will get rid of any noise in the photo, which is needed in low light situations (Eldon & Holtzer, 2020). This article also states that when making the ISO low, you should also make the aperture a small value in order to make the photo focused and sharp (Eldon & Holtzer, 2020). Lastly, you need to set the shutter speed. You can either increase your shutter speed to get a sharp photo with no blur or you can lower the shutter speed to show movement in the photo or give it a delicate lighting effect (Eldon & Holtzer, 2020).

My favourite part of these photos was the contrast between the dark blue night sky and the still light orange, yellow sky. I also love how you can barely see the city lights just below the orange sky.

Reference:

Eldon, D., & Holtzer, G. (2020). 10 Easy Tips for Capturing Stunning Sunset Photography. Expert Photography. Retrieved from https://expertphotography.com/stunning-sunset-photography/