I used WordPress before when I took EDCI 339 and found it easy to use. The version used in EDCI 339 was the free version, and although it was straightforward, you weren’t allowed to change any of the settings. Comparatively, the WordPress template on opened.ca seems to be more interactive, where the author of the blog is in charge of the widgets, categories, and the pictures. I will admit it was harder to set up then the desktop version I had previously used, but I like the more control I have, and I feel I can add more of my personality into the blog by adding pictures and headings. I also like how I’m able to follow different blogs. This feature helps with collaboration and information sharing; in this era of zoom, collaboration can be hard.

https://exob2b.com/en/how-to-choose-a-wordpress-theme/

I think blogs such as WordPress can be useful for certain subjects that are writing heavy, such as English. Students could blog about the book they just read or what they thought of the movie they watched in class. I’m training to be a science teacher, and I think blogging could have an important role in a science class. Some ways I think blogging could be used in a science class is if students were tasked with researching a scientist or a theory. Likewise, it could be a tool for students to follow other blogs about science-related topics. It could also be used to share their thoughts and feelings on guest speakers or field trips. I think in general, blogging is a useful tool for students to reflect on their learning as well as for teachers to see what lessons work and maybe what didn’t.